BOARDS & COMMISSIONS
- Board of Adjustment
- Parks & Recreation Advisory Board
- Planning and Zoning Board
You can help your community by serving as a volunteer member of a Town Advisory Board. Details on each advisory board can be obtained from the Town Clerk. If you are interested in serving on one of the boards, complete and return the Board Membership Application to the Town Clerk's Office.
Board of Adjustments
Authority and Responsibilities: The Board of Adjustments was established by the Town Council to serve as an advisory body to the Town of China Grove Council on all matters related to zoning within the Town of China Grove.
- To hear and decide appeals from any ruling, decision, determination or interpretation made by the Zoning Administrator pursuant to or regarding these regulations;
- To hear and decide petitions for variances from the requirements of the regulations of the Unified Development Ordinance;
- To make an interpretation of any portion of the Unified Development Ordinance;
- To change the use of or expand certain non-conformities in accordance with Section 12.3 of the Unified Development Ordinance;
- To serve as the Watershed Review Board and rule on all petitions in accordance with the procedures set forth in Section 3.16 of the Unified Development Ordinance.
Meetings: The Board of Adjustment shall hold a public hearing on an application no later than 45 days after a complete application has been filed with the Zoning Administrator. The Board of Adjustment shall decide on the matter which was presented at the public hearing within 45 days of the close of the public hearing.
For more detailed information concerning meetings and procedures of the Board of Adjustment, please review the Unified Development Ordinance Chapter 16.
|Board of Adjustment Volunteer Roster|
Park & Recreation Advisory Board
Authority and Responsibilities: The Park & Recreation Advisory Board was established by the Town Council in 2005. The role of the Park Advisory Board is to serve as an advisory body to the Town of China Grove Council on all matters related to parks provided by the Town of China Grove.
- Review of policies and procedures that encompass parks and make recommendations as determined to be pertinent and appropriate;
- Review the utilization of facilities and make recommendations regarding lease, acquisition, sale, design, improvement, maintenance, operations and scheduling of parks and equipment provided by the Town;
- Review policies and make recommendations regarding fees, service charges, scholarships, and fines related to facilities, equipment, and programs provided by the Town;
- Keep the Council and the general public informed and advised to these matters; and
- Perform any other related duties that the Council may direct.
Meetings: Regular meetings of the Parks Advisory Board shall be held on the third Thursday of each month at 6:00 p.m. at the Community Building and are open to the Public. The Community Building is located at 412 S Myrtle Street, China Grove, NC 28023.
|Park & Recreation Volunteer Roster|
|Charles Seaford||Council Liaison|
Authority and Responsibilities: The Planning Board was established by the Town Council to serve as an advisory body to the Town of China Grove Council on all matters related to planning within the Town of China Grove.
- To review and approve or deny requests for Major Subdivision Plans and Major Site Plans
- To review, hold "courtesy hearings", and make recommendations for Conditional Use Permits, Vested Rights Plans, Text Amendments, Map Amendments (Standard and Conditional Use Rezonings)
- To render opinions and make recommendations on all issues related to the Unified Development Ordinance, Zoning Map, Comprehensive Plan and other land use plans which may be adopted from time to time and which require approval by the Town Council.
Meetings: Regular meetings of the Planning Board shall be held on the second Thursday of each month at 7:00 p.m. at the Municipal Building and are open to the Public.
Minutes: To better serve the residents of China Grove, the Planning Board Agendas and Minutes are available for view.
|Planning Board Volunteer Roster|
|Brandon Linn||Council Liaison|