Connect with China Grove: Instagram Facebook




Can I request public records from China Grove?
Public records, Town Council resolutions and ordinances, and other information can be requested by submitting a written request to the Town Clerk's Office.
Records and Information Request Form
I sustained an injury / damage and the Town is responsible, what do I do?
If you have sustained an injury or damage for which you believe the Town or one of its employees is responsible, you may file a claim against the Town by contacting the Town Clerk.
How do I get my curbside items / limbs removed from my curb?
The Town of China Grove provides curbside pickup to residents who request a work order by contacting Town Hall. 


How can I become a vendor for the Town?
Please contact the Finance Department to learn of opportunities of being a vendor for the Town of China Grove.
Purchasing Services
I am a Town employee and I didn't receive my paycheck. What do I do?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding payroll, contact the Payroll Office at 704.857.2466.
I am a vendor and I have not received payment from an invoice submitted to Accounts Payable. What do I do?
If you have submitted an invoice to the Town of China Grove and have not received payment prior to the invoice due date, please contact the Finance Department at 704.857.2466.
When does the Town begin the budgeting process?
The Town of China Grove begins preparing for the budgeting process in February of each year. The budget hearing for Public Comments is held in June and the budget is adopted by June 30th each year. All fees, rate schedules and line items are approved during this process.

Fire Department

Why does a fire truck show up when I call for EMS?
In the case of life-threatening emergency, we will dispatch a fire truck along with an EMS unit to provide extra assistance since all of our personnel are trained to provide at least Basic Life Support.
Can I burn my brush or have a small fire outside my residence or business?
Burning is NOT allowed within the Town limits of China Grove. Please refer to the China Grove Code of Ordinance Chapter 30 Section 4. To view ordinance...
What is your response time?
Our average response time within Town limits is five minutes.

Home Page FAQ

How do I gain employment with the Town of China Grove?
To gain employment with the Town of China Grove, please refer to the following link: More Info...
How do I report a work order?
To report a work order for curbside pickup, please contact Town Hall at 704.857.2466.
Where is the Town Hall located and what are the hours?
Town Hall is open from Monday-Thursday from 7:00 am-5:30 pm
China Grove Municipal Building (Town Hall)
333 N Main Street
China Grove, NC 28023

Parks & Recreation

Where are the parks in China Grove located?
There are five community parks in the Town of China Grove.
- Hanna Park (Main Street Downtown)
- Village Grove Park (Walnut Street and First Ave)
- Canon Fields (Little League Facilities on Liberty Street)
- Community Building Park (S Myrtle Street and Stevens Street)
- Westhaven Park (Mitchell Street)
What are the park hours?
The hours for each park in China Grove is from Sunrise to Sunset.
How can I volunteer my services for the China Grove Parks and Recreation events and planning?
You may volunteer your time and talents to China Grove through our Parks Advisory Board by submitting an application to the Town Clerk. Volunteer Board Application

Planning and Zoning

Can I change the zoning designation of my property?
Rezonings require Planning Board review and the approval of the Town Council. Applications and fees are submitted to the Zoning Administrator. For more information, please view the Planning and Zoning department. Planning and Zoning
What are setbacks?
The term setback means the required distance separating a building or structure from a property line. Setback regulations for buildings are found in the Chapter 7 of the Unified Development Ordinance. Chapter 7
What businesses can I operate on my property?
First, determine the zoning district your property is located in by contacting Teresa Barringer, Planning & Development Director at 704.857.2466 ext. 2102 or viewing the Zoning Map. Next, look up the permitted uses for your zoning district. Some uses may require a Conditional Use Permit which requires Town Council approval. For more information, please visit the Planning and Zoning department. Planning and Zoning

Police Department

How do I obtain a copy of my driving record?
Driving records are maintained by the North Carolina Department of Transportation Division of Motor Vehicles (NCDOT DMV). To obtain a certified copy of your driving record, visit the website below or contact the DMV through written request:

Driver License Records
3113 Mail Service Center
Raleigh, NC 27699-3113 More...

How do I obtain a copy of an accident report?
The China Grove Police Department no longer issues crash reports.

Crash reports investigated by all North Carolina law enforcement agencies are forwarded to the NC DMV. Effective February 5, 2015, non-certified reports from the CGPD will no longer be available. The NCDMV will provide certified crash reports only. The fee for a crash report is five dollars ($5).

You may obtain copies of crash reports from the Division of Motor Vehicles by calling (919) 861-3068, or in person by visiting the DMV at:

DMV Headquarters
1100 New Bern Avenue
Annex Building Room 112
Raleigh, NC

In writing by request to:
Traffic Records Section
3105 Mail Service Center
Raleigh, NC 27699-3105

Visit the NCDOT-DMV website for more information: More...

How do I obtain a Low Speed Vehicle Permit?
Registration for new permits and renewals are available online. Registration is also available in person at Town Hall (333 N Main St) Monday - Thursday: 7am-5:30pm. . LSV Ordinace and Permit Application
If my keys are locked in my vehicle, can the China Grove Police Department open my vehicle for me?
Yes, the China Grove Police Department will assist you in unlocking your vehicle or obtaining the services necessary, such as certified locksmith, to unlock your vehicle. Contact Rowan County Communications at 9-1-1. The CGPD is not responsible for any damages.
What is the current cost of Court?
The current cost of Court can be found on the North Carolina AOC website. NC AOC
How do I obtain BLET sponsorship?
To obtain BLET sponsorship through the China Grove Police Department, please refer to the following link: More Info...
How do I obtain a Concealed Handgun Permit?
To obtain a Concealed Handgun Permit, you must first complete the North Carolina Firearm Safety Class. After completion, make an appointment with the Rowan County Sheriff’s Office (Landis Officer) by calling 704-216-8742. During this appointment, forms will be explained, filled out, and notarized. If you have been discharged from the armed forces, please take a copy of you DD214 on the day of your appointment. Total cost of application is $90. Checks are accepted but there will be a $25 charge for all returned checks and your permit will be held until paid in full. If you have any questions or problems, please contact the Sheriff’s Office Monday-Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm at 704-216-8700. To obtain a permit:
How do I report an offense/crime?
To report an offense or crime that has occurred within the Town of China Grove, please contact Rowan County Communications at 9-1-1.
What can I do to combat Identity Theft?
To combat Identity Theft, please find more information on the following link: More Info...
What is SAVAN?
SAVAN (Statewide Automated Victim Assistance and Notification) helps victims of crime get custody status and court information about offenders. It is a free 24-hour per day telephone service that is available in both English and Spanish. In addition, SAVAN automatically notifies registered victims of important events, such as the release of an inmate or scheduled court event.
How Does SAVAN Work?
SAVAN is a fully automated computer service that electronically links a National Call Center to offender custody status and court information. When new offender information is sent to the SAVAN Call Center, SAVAN compares the offender information to a list of victims who have previously registered with the service. When it finds a match it immediately places calls to the appropriate registered victim(s).

Public Works

Who do I contact for street light problems or outages?
If you have noticed problems with a street light (outage,cycling,etc.), please contact Duke Energy. Request Light Repair
Why is my brush not being picked up?
The Town of China Grove Public Works Department provides curbside collection to those in compliance with Town Ordinances. More Info...
My brush is at the curb and it is the appropriate amount. How do I request a pickup?
To request a curbside brush pickup, please contact Town Hall for a work order at 704.857.2466
Does the Town pickup carpet removed from my home?
The Town of China Grove provides the removal of carpet assuming the carpet is cut down to appropriate measurements and placed at the curb. More Info...
I cut down an entire tree. Will the Town pick this up?
The town will not pick up debris that is the result of cropping or topping of trees, the felling of trees, tree stumps, or the clearing of undeveloped property. More Info...
How do I dispose of pampas grass?
The Town of China Grove will not collect sharp-edged yard debris unless it is placed inside of a container or bagged for easy removal.
We are having a tree cut down by a Contractor. Will the Town remove this debris?
The town will not pick up debris from trees that was removed by contractors or persons for hire.
When will my street be cleaned?
The Town of China Grove does not provide a street cleaning service. Please contact Public Works if there is a particular area that you feel needs attention. Report a Concern
My garbage was not picked up. Who do I contact?
For all calls and complaints concerning garbage collection or missed pickup, please contact GFL by phone 336-668-3712 or email 
How do I report a street sign that is damaged/missing in China Grove?
Please contact the Public Works Department at 704.857.2466 ext. 401 to report street signs that are missing or damaged in the Town of China Grove.