Did you receive a Warning Tag?
Below are the most common reasons for a warning tag and how to correct them for your next pickup.
No collection of leaves
- In season (Mid-October to the end of February), the town collects leaves by section. Check the schedule to find out which section you are in to know your collection weeks.
- Leaves must be free of all limbs, brick, rock, etc.
- Out of season (March to Mid-October), leaves need to be bagged not to exceed 50 lbs.
Branches/Limbs improperly placed or improperly prepared for collection
- Limbs shall not be longer than six feet in length.
- Limbs shall not be larger than six inches in diameter.
- Limbs shall be stacked, butt end facing the street, on or near curb for easy access to collection truck.
- Small limbs and twigs need to be bagged not to exceed 50 lbs.
No collection of tree stumps or debris from topping or felling of tree
- The town does not collect this type of waste.
- Residents can reserve a town truck to dispose of this type of waste.
No collection of Branches/Limbs
- The town does not collect debris from trees removed by contractors or persons for hire.
No collection of grass/yard waste
- Yard trimmings need to be bagged not exceed 50 lbs.