LEAVES, BRUSH, CURBSIDE COLLECTION
|October 16-19||Call Ins|
|October 23-26||Section A|
|October 30-November 2||Section B|
|November 6-9||Section C|
|November 13-16||No Collection|
|November 20-22||No Collection|
|November 27-30||Section D|
|December 4-7||Section A|
|December 11-14||Section B|
|December 18-21||Section C|
|December 28||No Collection|
|January 2-4||Section D|
|January 8-11||Section A|
|January 16-18||Section B|
|January 22-25||Section C|
|January 29-February 1||Section D|
|February 5-8||Call Ins|
Holidays with No Collection: Monday, December 25th, Tuesday, December 26th, Wednesday, December 27th, Monday January 1st, Monday January 15th.
Brush Collection (Yard Debris)
The Public Works Department provides complimentary pickup of yard debris in accordance with Town ordinance and policy.
|Brush Collection Schedule|
|Tuesday||Brush and Yard Debris|
|Wednesday||Non-grindable Yard Debris|
Please call Town Hall at 704-857-2466 for a work order for brush pickup.
Brush Collection Guidelines
The method for collecting tree limbs and yard trimmings within the corporate limits of the Town will be on a call-in basis only. This will be handled through the issuance of a work order.
- Tree limbs and yard trimmings must be placed behind the sidewalk or curb so as to not impede storm water drainage, pedestrian traffic, or vehicular traffic.
- Limbs shall not be longer than six feet in length.
- Limbs shall not be larger than six inches in diameter.
- Limbs shall be stacked, but end facing the street, on or near curb for easy access to collection truck.
- Small limbs and twigs shall be bundled and tied or place in bags or other containers. Their weight shall not to exceed 50 pounds.
- Yard trimmings shall be placed in bags or other containers. Their weight shall not exceed 50 pounds.
- Volume of brush should not exceed a pickup truck load per week.
- The town will not pick up debris that is the result of cropping or topping of trees, the felling of trees, tree stumps, or the clearing of undeveloped property.
- The town will not pick up debris from trees that was removed by contractors or persons for hire.
The Public Works Department will provide mulched debris to citizens upon availability and request at no cost. Please contact Public Works Department at 704-857-2466 ext. 401 to arrange delivery.
Curbside Collection (Bulk Waste)
The Public Works Department provides complimentary pickup of bulk waste in accordance with Town ordinance and policy.
|Curbside Collection Schedule|
Please call Town Hall at 704-857-2466 for a work order for curbside and brush pickup.
Bulk Waste Collection Guidelines
The method for collecting debris and other materials within the corporate limits of the town will be on a call-in basis only. This will be handled through the issuance of a work order.
- Materials and debris must be placed behind the sidewalk or curb so as to not impede storm water drainage, pedestrian traffic, or vehicular traffic.
- All items must have the ability to be easily removed by hand or placed within a container. Rocks, dirt, brick, gravel, or other similar materials shall be placed in bags or other containers so that their weight shall not exceed 50 pounds.
- Not to exceed one cubic yard (3'x3'x3').
Items that the Town will collect but are not limited to:
Items not picked up include, but are not limited to:
The Town will not collect materials that may be considered harmful or hazardous to humans, animals, or the environment. Any hazardous materials are to be disposed of through Rowan County disposal procedures and locations.