BE IT ORDAINED by the Town Council of the Town of China Grove that the China Grove Code of Ordinances shall be amended as follows:
Sec. 10-23. Urban Archery Deer Hunting
Hunting for deer is authorized in the Town limits of China Grove in accordance with the provisions of the Extended Urban Archery Deer Season act as follows:
- Hunters shall follow all state and local laws, rules and ordinances when hunting deer within the town limits.
- Hunters must have in their possession a valid North Carolina Hunting Licenses showing completion of a Hunting Safety Course.
- Hunters are prohibited from using firearms to hunt. Only archery is permitted.
- Only hunting on private property is allowed. Hunters must have written permission in their possession dated within one year from landowners to hunt on their property or must own the property themselves.
- No hunting is allowed on town property or on, from or across the right-of-way of any road.
- Hunters must hunt from an elevated platform of at least ten (10) feet above ground.
- Hunting is only allowed on a tract or parcel of land which is greater than one (1) acre.
- A violation of any of the provisions of this ordinance shall subject the offender to any of the penalties contained in Section 1-6 of the General Provision of the Town of China Grove Code of Ordinances.
Adopted the 3rd day of January, 2012.
- The Town of China Grove does NOT maintain a list of properties available for Urban Archery, it is up to each individual to contact owners and obtain permission for hunting.
- No permit is issued by the Town of China Grove.
- This Ordinance only applies to properties inside the Town limits. To look up properties visit the Rowan County GIS website.
- Contact Town Hall for more information: 704.857.2466
- Visit the NC Wildlife Resources Commission website for more information on hunting license and safety course requirements.