The Novel Corona virus, now renamed COVID-19, is a respiratory disease that was first detected in Wuhan City, Hubei Province, China.
At this point in time, the risk of becoming infected with COVID-19 in North Carolina is still low. However, there are measures that you can and should take to remain healthy.
• Staying home if you are ill
• Washing your hands frequently with soap and water
• Cleaning and disinfecting surfaces that are frequently touched
• Avoiding touching your eyes, nose and mouth
• Covering your mouth and nose with a tissue
• Discarding tissues after a single use
• Following the CDC's travel guidance
Please also consider this document from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. It contains important mitigation strategies at the community level.