Parks & Recreation Advisory Board
Authority and Responsibilities
The Park & Recreation Advisory Board was established by the Town Council in 2005. The role of the Park Advisory Board is to serve as an advisory body to the Town of China Grove Council on all matters related to parks provided by the Town of China Grove.
- Review of policies and procedures that encompass parks and make recommendations as determined to be pertinent and appropriate;
- Review the utilization of facilities and make recommendations regarding lease, acquisition, sale, design, improvement, maintenance, operations and scheduling of parks and equipment provided by the Town;
- Review policies and make recommendations regarding fees, service charges, scholarships, and fines related to facilities, equipment, and programs provided by the Town;
- Keep the Council and the general public informed and advised to these matters; and
- Perform any other related duties that the Council may direct.
The Park Advisory Board shall consist of nine (9) voting members. All members shall be appointed by the Town Council for three (3) year terms. Member’s terms would be staggered.
Regular meetings of the Parks Advisory Board shall be held on the third Thursday of each month at 6:00 p.m. at the Community Building and are open to the Public. The Community Building is located at 412 S Myrtle Street, China Grove, NC 28023.