Each and every person doing business in the Town as a peddler, solicitor, or transient vendor shall file with the Clerk, on a form to be provided for that purpose, a statement setting forth the following information:
- The name and address of the individual filing the statement.
- The name and address of the principal or employer, if the individual is an agent or employee.
- Area where peddling, soliciting or vending will occur.
- A description of the individual filing the statement, including height, age, and distinguishing characteristics, if any.
- The goods to be sold or offered for sale, or the type of services to be rendered.
- The period of time during which the business will be carried on in the town.
- A description of the automobile or other vehicle to be used in the business, including the make, model, body style, color and license number.
There is a $25 fee required for each badge for peddlers and solicitors, and a $100 fee required for each badge for a transient vendor. The badge is valid for a 30-day period.
To obtain a badge, please visit:
333 N. Main Street
China Grove, NC 28023.