Click to Home
Go To Search
Click to Home
Email pagePrint page
Do you need a Permit?


The Town is divided into various zoning districts. For each zoning district, there is a list of uses that are permitted in that specific zoning district and conditionally permitted with approval of a Conditional Use Permit. When looking for a place to start or relocate your business, it is important to make sure the zoning on the site allows the proposed use. Refer to the Town’s Zoning Map and Unified Development Ordinance for details. 

New Residences & Adding to Existing Residences
The Town of China Grove adopted the Unified Development Ordinance in 2005. No building, land or portion thereof, shall be erected, used, moved or altered except in conformity with the Town's Unified Development Ordinance. 

To obtain a zoning permit to make any changes or construction on a residential property, please complete the appropriate Application and submit it along with a site plan to the Assistant Town Manager. 

Once the permit is approved, it is the responsibility of the homeowner to acquire the appropriate permits. 

Setback Requirements
Setback requirements may be found in Chapter 3 of the UDO

Building Design Requirements
Building design requirements may be found in Chapter 5 of the UDO

Special accessory Building Requirements
Special requirements for accessory buildings can be found in Chapter 4 of the UDO


Fences and walls are allowed to be built along property lines. In general, fences may not exceed six (6) feet in height along the rear and side property lines and must have supporting posts out. Fences in the front yard can not be ta

Town of China Grove • 333 N. Main Street • China Grove, NC 28023 • Ph: 704.857.2466 • Fx: 704.855.1855
Home Home  |  Email Page Email Page  | Print Page Print  |  Calendar  |  FAQs  |  Contact Us  |  Accessibility  |  Site Map |  Renewable Energy Windpowered | Powered by CivicPlus  | Copyright Notices