LEAVES, BRUSH, CURBSIDE COLLECTION
The Town will begin its Leaf Collection Schedule the third full week in October on a call-in basis. Each following week the Public Works Department will pick-up leaves by section and will only collect leaves in that section during the week it is scheduled for. Please do not call for a work order beginning October 22nd through January 10th.
Citizens may rake leaves to the curbside or drainage ditch in an easily accessible location. Please do not rake leaves into the street or onto the sidewalk. The town will not pick up leaves that are mixed with other debris such as sticks an branches. Leaves located near parked cars will not be picked up. Please review the map below to locate which section your residence is within.
Leaf Collection Map
|2018-2019 Leaf Collection Schedule|
|Oct 22-25||Section A|
|Oct 29-Nov 1||Section B|
|Nov 5-8||Section C|
|Nov 13-15||Section D|
|Nov 19-21||Section A|
|Nov 26-29||Section B|
|Dec 3-6||Section C|
|Dec 10-13||Section D|
|Dec 17-20||Section A|
|Dec 28||Section B|
|Dec 30, Jan 2-3||Section C|
|Jan 7-10||Section D|
Excluded Collection Dates
November 12th - Veterans Day
November 22nd - Thanksgiving Holiday
December 24th - 26th - Christmas Holiday
January 1st - New Years Day
Brush Collection (Yard Debris)
The Public Works Department provides complimentary pickup of yard debris in accordance with Town ordinance and policy.
|Brush Collection Schedule|
|Tuesday||Brush and Yard Debris|
|Wednesday||Non-grindable Yard Debris|
Please call Town Hall at 704-857-2466 for a work order for brush pickup.
Brush Collection Guidelines
The method for collecting tree limbs and yard trimmings within the corporate limits of the Town will be on a call-in basis only. This will be handled through the issuance of a work order.
- Tree limbs and yard trimmings must be placed behind the sidewalk or curb so as to not impede storm water drainage, pedestrian traffic, or vehicular traffic.
- Limbs shall not be longer than six feet in length.
- Limbs shall not be larger than six inches in diameter.
- Limbs shall be stacked, but end facing the street, on or near curb for easy access to collection truck.
- Small limbs and twigs shall be bundled and tied or place in bags or other containers. Their weight shall not to exceed 50 pounds.
- Yard trimmings shall be placed in bags or other containers. Their weight shall not exceed 50 pounds.
- Volume of brush should not exceed a pickup truck load per week.
- The town will not pick up debris that is the result of cropping or topping of trees, the felling of trees, tree stumps, or the clearing of undeveloped property.
- The town will not pick up debris from trees that was removed by contractors or persons for hire.
The Public Works Department will provide mulched debris to citizens upon availability and request at no cost. Please contact Public Works Department at 704-857-2466 ext. 401 to arrange delivery.
Curbside Collection (Bulk Waste)
The Public Works Department provides complimentary pickup of bulk waste in accordance with Town ordinance and policy.
|Curbside Collection Schedule|
Please call Town Hall at 704-857-2466 for a work order for curbside and brush pickup.
Bulk Waste Collection Guidelines
The method for collecting debris and other materials within the corporate limits of the town will be on a call-in basis only. This will be handled through the issuance of a work order.
- Materials and debris must be placed behind the sidewalk or curb so as to not impede storm water drainage, pedestrian traffic, or vehicular traffic.
- All items must have the ability to be easily removed by hand or placed within a container. Rocks, dirt, brick, gravel, or other similar materials shall be placed in bags or other containers so that their weight shall not exceed 50 pounds.
- Not to exceed one cubic yard (3'x3'x3').
Items that the Town will collect but are not limited to:
Items not picked up include, but are not limited to:
The Town will not collect materials that may be considered harmful or hazardous to humans, animals, or the environment. Any hazardous materials are to be disposed of through Rowan County disposal procedures and locations.