GARBAGE & RECYCLING SERVICES
Garbage & Recycling Services (Household Waste & Recyclable Items)
Garbage and Recycling Services are provided by Waste Industries to residents within the town limits of China Grove. Both garbage and recycling services are collected once a week using the provided roll-out containers. Service areas are separated by Main Street as "East" and "West" sides. The west side of town is serviced on Wednesdays and East side of town serviced on Thursdays.
Garbage and Recycling cans must be rolled out to the curb the evening before collection. All garbage must be inside of the container and the lid must be closed. If you have extra recycling it can be placed beside the can. The cans must not be restricted by cars, debris or other obstructions to ensure your cans are serviced. Town Ordinance states cans must be removed from the curb by the end of service day.
Waste Industries reserves the right to refuse service if pick-up criteria are not met. If you have questions concerning household garbage or recycling collection you may contact one of the following:
Residents within the Town limits may request additional containers by contacting Town Hall.
- Extra Container Fee (per cart): $8.50/month
Items that are collected for recycling:
- Any aluminum cans
- Any pie and baking pans
- Any tin cans
- Any steel cans
- Any paper products (shredded paper only if it is in a clear bag)
- Corrugated cardboard
- Any food and beverage cartons (milk cartons, soy and almond cartons, juice, soup, broth)
- Magazines and phone books
- Junk mail
- Wrapping Paper
- Paper Bags
- Plastic containers (Please check the recycling symbol, Numbers 1-7 are accepted)
- Glass bottles
- Aerosol cans (IF they are empty and do NOT contain the orange hazard symbol)
NOTE: Anything to be recycled should be RINSED OUT AND ALL LIDS REMOVED.
Items NOT RECYCLABLE:
- Styrofoam plates/cups
- Pizza Boxes (due to the food residue)
- Window glass and mirrors
- Ceramics or dishes
- Food waste and residue
- Hazardous products (baby diapers, rest room waste, animal waste, oil, tires, etc.)
- Yard waste of any kind
- Plastic grocery bags
- Paint cans or buckets