GOLF CART | LOW SPEED VEHICLE
The Town of China Grove is Golf Cart Friendly!
A Low Speed Vehicle Permit authorizes the operation of a Golf Cart or Low Speed Vehicle (LSV) on roads posted 35 miles per hour or less. No Golf Cart or LSV shall be driven in China Grove without a permit issued by the China Grove Police Department. The permit must be attached to the front, left side of the golf cart or LSV (not on the windshield). The annual period for a permit runs from January 1st through December 31st each year.
The fee(s) for a golf cart or LSV permit are as follows:
- Initial application fee $ 50.00
- Annual renewal fee $ 10.00
Golf Cart and LSV Rules:
- All golf carts or LSV shall only be driven on roads posted 35 miles per hour or less.
- All golf carts or LSV must have liability insurance coverage.
- All golf carts or LSV must be equipped with headlights, brake lights, and turn signals.
- All golf carts or LSV shall be equipped with a rear vision mirror allowing the operator to see behind the cart, sufficient brakes, reliable steering, and safe tires.
- The operator of a golf cart or LSV must be at least 16 years of age and possess a valid driver’s license.
- Drivers of golf carts or LSV shall must yield the right-of-way to pedestrians and overtaking vehicles.
- Any person who operates a golf cart or LSV on public streets and roads must adhere to all applicable State and local laws, regulations, and ordinances, including but not limited to those banning the possession and use of alcoholic beverages, and controlled substances. In addition, no golf cart or LSV containing any open container of alcohol shall be operated on public roads.
- The operator of the golf cart or LSV shall comply with all traffic rules and regulations adopted by the State of North Carolina and the Town of China Grove which governs the operation of motor vehicles.