The China Grove Fire Department seeks to recruit only the most highly skilled and motivated candidates for the challenging position of engineer.
Before applying for the Fire Department, an individual must successfully complete the firefighter entrance level test. To schedule testing, contact the Fire Department at 704-857-2466. The results of the test are good for one year.
In order to test and apply:
- All candidates are required to have a valid Class B driver's license and Emergency Vehicle Driving (EVD) Certification
- A minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent certification
- At least 18 years old
- Applicants must have minimum one year driving and pumping experience
- Applicants will need to acquire EMT certification or paramedic certification before being hired
- Applicants will need to acquire Firefighter I & II certification before being hired
- Applicants will need to pass a medical examination, drug screen, and vision test
- Applicants will be subject to and extensive public safety background check